2. Collected InformationOur Website has the ability to collect two types of information from and about you: (a) information that you provide that personally identifies you and (b) information that does not personally identify you that we automatically collect when you visit our Website or that you provide us.
Personally Identifiable Information: Our definition of personally identifiable information includes any information that may be used to specifically identify or contact you, such as your name, postal and email addresses, phone number, credit card information, etc. In certain circumstances, we may request, allow, or otherwise provide you an opportunity to submit your personally identifiable information in connection with a feature, a service, or some other aspect of our Website. For instance, you may: (a) provide your name, address, and email address to register on our Website to use or purchase services or products; (b) provide certain demographic information about yourself (e.g., age, gender, purchase, preference, usage, frequency, etc.) when registering on our Website; (c) provide payment information when ordering products or services on the Website, or (d) post a general comment and/or recommendation on our Website. Certain information may not be personally identifiable when standing alone (e.g., your age), but may become so when combined with other information (e.g., your age and name). Whether or not you provide this information is your choice; however, in many instances this type of information is required to participate or purchase the particular activity or service, or gain access to certain content on our Website.
Non-Personal Information: Our definition of non-personal information is any information that does not personally identify you. Non-personal information can include certain personally identifiable information that has been de-identified; that is, information that has been rendered anonymous. We obtain non-personal information about you from information that you provide us, either separately or together with your personally identifiable information. We also automatically collect certain non-personal information from you when you access our Website. This information can include, among other things, IP addresses, the type of browser you are using (e.g., Internet Explorer, Firefox, Safari, etc.), the third party website from which your visit originated, the operating system you are using (e.g., Vista, Windows XP, Mac OS, etc.), the domain name of your Internet service provider (e.g., America Online, NetZero, etc.), the search terms you use on our Website, the specific web pages you visit, and the duration of your visits.
We collect this information: (a) directly from you when you provide it to us; (b) automatically as you navigate through the Website; and/or (c) from third parties, for example, our business partners.
When you submit information to us through our Website, you should be aware that your information is transmitted across the Internet and that no method of transmission over the Internet is 100% secure. Although we take reasonable security measures to protect your information when we receive it, you also need to ensure you take appropriate steps to protect your information.
4. Other Uses and InformationIP Addresses. An IP address is a number that is automatically assigned to your computer whenever you are surfing the Internet. Web servers (computers that “serve up” web pages) automatically identify your computer by its IP address. When visitors request pages from our Website, our servers typically log their IP addresses. We collect IP addresses for purposes of system administration, to report non-personal aggregate information to others, and to track the use of our Website. IP addresses are considered non-personal information and also may be shared as provided above. It is not our practice to link IP addresses to anything personally identifiable; that is, the visitor’s session will be logged, but the visitor remains anonymous to us. However, we reserve the right to use IP addresses to identify a visitor when we feel it is necessary to enforce compliance with our Website rules or: (a) to fulfill a government request; (b) to conform with the requirements of the law or legal process; (c) to protect or defend our legal rights or property, our Website, or other users; or (d) in an emergency, to protect the health and safety of our Website’s users or the general public.
Email Communications. If you send us an email with questions or comments, we may use your personally identifiable information to respond to your questions or comments, and we may save your questions or comments for future reference. For security reasons, we do not recommend that you send non-public personal information, such as passwords, credit card information, social security numbers, or bank account information, to us by email. However, aside from our reply to such an email, it is not our standard practice to send you email unless you request a particular service or sign up for a feature that involves email communications, it relates to purchases you have made with us (e.g., product updates, customer support, etc.), we are sending you information about our other products and services, or you consented to being contacted by email for a particular purpose. In certain instances, we may provide you with the option to set your preferences for receiving email communications from us; that is, agree to some communications but not others. We reserve the right to send you transactional emails such as customer service communications.
Other Disclosures. Notwithstanding anything herein to the contrary, we reserve the right to disclose any personally identifiable or non-personal information about you if we are required to do so by law, with respect to copyright and other intellectual property infringement claims, or if we believe that such action is necessary: (a) to fulfill a government request; (b) to conform with the requirements of the law or legal process; (c) to protect or defend our legal rights or property, our Website, or other users; or (d) in an emergency, to protect the health and safety of our Website’s users or the general public.
5. Deleting Information About YouWhether or not you provide personally identifiable information is completely your own choice. You are not obligated to answer any question that is presented to you on our through our Website. You may opt-out from receiving future promotional information from us or our affiliated companies, or direct that we not share your information with any affiliated companies, as set forth in Section 11 below. Whether or not you opt-out is your choice; however, in many instances this type of information is required to participate in a particular activity, realize a benefit we may offer, or gain access to certain content, services, or offers on our Website.
6. Protecting ChildrenWe take special care to protect the safety and privacy of children. Our site is a general audience site. Nevertheless, the features, programs, promotions, services and other aspects of our Website requiring the submission of personally identifiable information are not intended for anyone under 18 years of age. No one under age 13 may provide any information to or on the Website. We do not knowingly collect personally identifiable information from children under the age of 13. If you are under the age of 13, do not use or provide any information on this Website or on or through any of its features/register on the Website, make any purchases through the Website, use any of the interactive or public comment features of this Website or provide any information about yourself to us, including your name, address, telephone number, e-mail address or any screen name or user name you may use. If you are a parent or guardian of a child under the age of 13 and believe he or she has disclosed personally identifiable information to us please contact us at [firstname.lastname@example.org]. If we learn we have collected or received personal information from a child under the age of 13 without verification of parental consent, we will delete that information.
7. Keeping Your Information SecureWe have implemented security measures we consider reasonable and appropriate to protect against the loss, misuse, and alteration of the information under our control. Please be advised, however, that while we strive to protect your personally identifiable information and privacy, we cannot guarantee or warrant the security of any information you disclose or transmit to us online and are not responsible for the theft, destruction, or inadvertent disclosure of your personally identifiable information. In the unfortunate event that your “personally identifiable information” (as the term or similar terms are defined by any applicable law requiring notice upon a security breach) is compromised, we may notify you by e-mail (at our sole and absolute discretion) to the last e-mail address you have provided us in the most expedient time reasonable under the circumstances; provided, however, delays in notification may occur while we take necessary measures to determine the scope of the breach and restore reasonable integrity to the system as well as for the legitimate needs of law enforcement if notification would impede a criminal investigation. From time to time we evaluate new technology for protecting information, and when appropriate, we upgrade our information security systems.